Wednesday, August 15, 2007

XM Success

I finally have the XM working again. I found an audio place in Murfreesboro to sort out the problem and solve it. It took the installation of an fm booster module. Evidently about 6 months ago the FCC told XM and Sirius that they were sending too strong a signal, so they were forced to reduce it on all the new radios built after that time. My new radio was one of those. So to get the signal strong enough now to get to the speakers it requires a booster. It sounds like a ridiculous story, but it did solve the problem. I am just happy to have it working again, and my new radio has a little remote. Isn't that cool? I think Bryan has a remote for his Sirius. I am so spoiled, but I really like being able to listen to what I want.

I'll be able to send pictures of the new and improved bathroom pretty soon. The shower is in, most of the painting is done, the flooring is down on the newly exposed part of the floor. Still have to paint the ceiling, put up the additional border, add some molding and paint it, and rehang a towel rack. I think I found the storage cabinet I want, but I have to go see if I can find one. It is at Target and I haven't had very good luck having furniture type stuff shipped from them. Too much damage. However, the website said this piece should be in the local stores, so we will see. I think Jerry should be done with the rest of the construction and painting tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

2 comments:

Smith1230 said...

Awesome mom. Yay for Sirius

Linda Love said...

Actually, the problem wasn't with XM. It was the radio and the antenna.

Won't it be interesting when XM and Sirius merge. Their information is that some features of both will be kept. I don't really care what they keep from XM other than the Broadway channel. I know Sirius has one too, but I really like the one on XM.