Sunday, August 26, 2007

Progress

The bathroom is all finished. The halls and living room are painted. The paint is so strange. I picked a color that goes with the sofas. It is a beige with some green in it. The trim color is the lightest shade on the same paint card. It looks cream but obviously has some green in it too. Now that it is on the walls and trim, it changes color depending on what time of day it is and what kind of light is on it. It goes from sage green to khaki to cream. It is so interesting to see what the light does to it. I think I like it, but after I live with it a while I will know better. This week we will finish cleaning out the office and paint it.

Yesterday Andrew came over and did what he has wanted to do for at least 4 years. He wiped the old computer clean - after transferring everything I need to my laptop. It was getting so that I was afraid it was going to lock up one day and not allow me back in, so for now I will use my laptop. I was mostly doing that already and just using the old computer as a storage place. I can hardly wait for my new NEAT, CLEAN office. Andrew has plans for parts of the old computer, and I have the keyboard and monitor if I ever want to use them with the laptop.

I am in the middle of cleaning out the office. A lot of it is in boxes all over the house, so there is still a lot of clutter to deal with. I am cleaning out file cabinets so I can get rid of at least one of them. I want a neat uncluttered office. I don't know how long I will be able to keep it neat, but I am looking forward to finding out.