Thursday, August 9, 2007

Dealing with Something Ugly


I am happy to report that the ugly bathtub in the guest bathroom has left the building! It was not a second too soon. (Yes, Andrew, it's what I am doing next.) The whole floor under the tub was rotted out and serving as a nest for ants and who knows what else. We also got out some mold and mildew. Maybe that will help Lisa and Natalie breathe better when they are here.

The earlier bathroom remodel took care of
half of the room and this will do the other half. I don't even feel I'm being extravagant with this one. There was a big hole in the floor under the tub not to mention the mold issues. It was a project that needed to be done for health reasons. I don't know how soon it will all be finished because some plumbing will be rerouted, but Lowes has everything we need in stock. That will help. We have to replace part of the walls, too. I had suspected that tub was leaking around the edges but I couldn't convince Dad of it.

I have also started cleaning out the office. Ugh! What a job! Yesterday we finally got the big metal desk out. One desk down and two to go. I will need a really big trash can for this project. So now you can tell I will have a lot to keep me busy for a while. I am anxious to get the office cleaned out so we can finish painting. I still want to paint the hall, living room and office. Then I hope I can sit back and just enjoy for a while.

5 comments:

Smith1230 said...

wow I'm glad to see that tub gone. It amazes me how healthy we all were considering what we were living with...

Linda Love said...

Maybe that was the original source of all the alergies...I guess not since those with alergies kept them when they moved away.

nat & ben said...

Way to go Mom... You are one busy momma....

Andrew said...

Woo hoo!

Shannon Hairr said...

Yuck!!