Thursday, September 9, 2010

Botanical Garden Visit

Over Labor Day weekend I went to visit Bryan's family in Birmingham. On Saturday we went to a small botanical garden. It was a nice day with much cooler temperatures than we had been having. We had a lovely time just relaxing and watching the boys have a good time. Bryan pushed me around in a wheelchair, so I didn't have to try to walk it, and that made it much more pleasant for me.

The gardens were at the end of summer, so not too much was in full bloom, but there were still some flowers. I remember cannas and black eyed Susans among others. This place should be beautiful in spring and after the leaves turn in the fall. There were some elderly men who were sailing remote control sailboats on the lake. Someone had set up a little girl's tea party, complete with tablecloths and full tea service. There were preparations being made for a wedding, too.

It was a lovely, quiet, peaceful place right in the middle of a busy city. Loved it!

Here are a few of the pictures I took:







1 comment:

Smith1230 said...

Great photos of an adorable family!!